Twin Bridges Schools grades 7-12 will be attending the John Underwood presentation hosted by Sheridan Schools on September 28th at 10:30 a.m.
Flyer Information: John Underwood Flyer Sept 2016
For more information on John Underwood, you can click here for his website!
Twin Bridges Schools now enters its fifth week of school; Homecoming week has concluded, class schedules are set in stone, elementary students are thoroughly in their routine and it seems that the newness of the year has quickly faded away! I would like to post some important dates and events that are upon us as September starts to give way to October…
- Twin Bridges Schools (Personnel Committee) will be interviewing ONE (1) candidate for our Head HS Girls’ Basketball position this coming WEDNESDAY, September 21st starting at 4:15 p.m. in the Montana Room. Our candidate is Mrs. Kari Montgomery…please see the agenda posted under the “District” tab of our website or click here. We hope to have a hire in place by the end of the month or the very beginning of October.
- MAP testing has started for all our students grades K-10; the testing cycle should be completed by September 30th…please make a concerted effort to get your student(s) to school during this time with plenty of rest and a reminder on how important these assessments are to school data collections and instructional decisions. THANK YOU!
- September 28th, Twin Bridges students grades 7-12 will be traveling to Sheridan for a short presentation by John Underwood. Further information on this presentation will be posted on the school entry windows or can be found here.
- Please don’t forget that Twin Bridges Schools will have an early out on October 5th for Professional Development (PD) in the area of SIX TRAITS OF WRITING. Students will be dismissed and buses will run at 12:30 p.m.
- One last point…please don’t forget to check on the “Carroll Field” radio button to receive current updates on our progress in completing CFIP!
Have a wonderful September!
Please be sure to always be checking the updates to the status of the Carroll Field Improvement Project (CFIP) by clicking the tab “Carroll Field” on the lower, right portion of this homepage screen.
Twin Bridges Schools welcomes all students, staff, parents and community members to the 2016-17 school year! This year looks to be incredible as we implement Project Lead the Way (Gateway) into our 6th, 7th and 8th grade science curriculum. We will also be putting a large focus on SIX Traits of Writing across all the curriculum strands grades K-12. The Carroll Field Improvement Project (CFIP) is nearing $160,000 in private funding as of August 1, 2016. This puts us over 75% funded at this moment and making the dream of the new facility at the track/football field a soon-to-be reality! Thank you to the students, parents and community for your support…Twin Bridges Schools is very proud of its students and staff! We wish everyone a FABULOUS 2016-17 school year!
Please find below several documents that are necessary to review/complete as the school year is about to kick off:
We realize that there are many other forms and information we need to get to families before the year starts; please know that all sports information AND family informational packets will be sent out NO LATER than August 5th! If you do not receive a packet or have any questions regarding the material, please do not hesitate to contact the school at 406-684-5656!
We wish the Falcons best of luck as the fall sports calendar is quickly upon us! All high school teams will be competing the weekend of August 26th! Please note that all the sports schedules will also be posted once our final poster is done and received. We will see you all the 8th of August for our Falcons Sports Night – enjoy the little bit of summer remaining!
Twin Bridges High School has partnered with Parchment to order and send your transcript and other credentials securely. To obtain these materials, press this link and the request will open in a new browser.
TWIN BRIDGES SCHOOL ELECTION
The REGULAR school election is scheduled for May 3rd, 2016 in the Montana Room of Twin Bridges Public Schools.
The purpose of the election is to ask the voters to approve a BUILDING RESERVE levy in the amount of Twenty-Five Thousand Dollars ($25,000.00) for ONE YEAR and being approximately 5.91 mills for the purpose of carpet replacement in the high school AND cabinet replacement in the elementary. Passage of this proposal will result in an annual tax of approximately $7.98 on a home with an assessed market value of $100,000 and approximately $15.96 on a home with an assessed market value of $200,000. The trustees will also be asking for voters to approve a GENERAL FUND levy in the amount of Twenty Thousand Dollars ($20,000) which is approximately 4.72 mills for the purpose of instruction, maintenance, and operation of Twin Bridges Public Schools for the 2016-17 school year. Passage of this proposal will result in an annual tax of approximately $6.37 on a home with an assessed market value of $100,000 and approximately $12.74 on a home with an assessed market value of $200,000. The polls will be open between the hours of 12:00 noon and 8:00 P.M. on Election Day.
A qualified registered voter who will be unable to go to the polls on the day of election may request an application for an absentee ballot up until noon the day before the election from the School District Clerk’s office located at Twin Bridges School, 216 West 6th Avenue, Twin Bridges, MT., 59754. In the case of a sudden health emergency, he/she may request the absentee ballot up until noon on Election Day.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns please call the District Office at 684-5656.
Eldon C. Johnson
Twin Bridges School District #7
The Twin Bridges Lady Falcons head to Western C Divisional Tournament in Hamilton, Montana today, and open against Arlee on Thursday, at 3:15 p.m. The game will be broadcast by our TBHS Counselor, Mark Pederson, and Superintendent Chad Johnson on 98.3 FM KBEV. We wish the Falcons the best of luck and will be cheering them on from near and far.
The 5th-8th graders have an exciting field trip today to watch the stage adaption of the book “The Diary of a Young Girl: by Anne Frank presented at University of Montana Western fine arts department. “The cast and crew feel the impact of Anne’s powerful story every day,” says Judy Ulrich, Director.
February 15th, 2016
- Community Blood Drive starting at 11:30 a.m. in the Montana Room
February 16th, 2016
- Policy Review Committee Meeting in the MT Room at 6:00 p.m.
- Regular February Board Meeting in the MT Room at 7:00 p.m.
February 17th, 2016
- Twin Bridges Falcons Pep Rally in the MPG at 2:45 p.m. (Everyone Welcome!
- Falcons team dinner at Church of the Valley at 6:30 p.m.
February 18th, 2016
- DISTRICT 11/12C Basketball Tournament in Manhattan Christian (please see brackets below)
February 19th, 2016
- DISTRICT 11/12C Basketball Tournament in Manhattan Christian (please see brackets below) continues…
- 5th/6th Grade Symphony Trip to Butte
February 20th, 2016
- DISTRICT 11/12C Basketball Tournament in Manhattan Christian (please see brackets below) concludes…
*** Click here for 11-12 C Basketball Bracket 2016 with Teams
• Feb. 11, JH Basketball (H) vs Whitehall at 4:00.
HS girls C/JV at Dillon 4:15. Bus departs at 3:15.
• Feb. 12 HS at Lima, varsity only. Girls at 5:30, Boys at 7:00. ONE BUS (both girls and boys) departs at 3:15
• Feb. 13 HS at home vs Sheridan (Senior Night), varsity only. Girls at 5:30, Boys at 7:00.
Tournament time is also very near, I have attached a link here that will take you directly to the brackets for the District 11/12C tournament in Manhattan Christian. As of today, our girls are sitting as the #1 seed and the boys are the #2 seed. GO FALCONS!!!
PLEASE JOIN US FOR PEP RALLY ON WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 17TH, AT 2:45 P.M. IN THE MPG TO CHEER ON THE FALCONS!
Feb. 4 JV HSBB at home vs Dillon. Girls at 6:00, boys at 7:30.
JHBBB at Three Forks. 6/7 at 2:30, 7/8 at 3:30. Bus at departs at 12:30
Feb. 5 HSBB at home vs MC. Girls JV at 2:30, boys JV at 4:00, varsity girls at 5:30, varsity boys at 7:00. – PACK THE PLACE RED NIGHT!!!!
Feb. 6 JHBBB at Three Forks. Times to be determined.
HSBB at home vs West. 1/2 Girls JV at 3:30, ½ boys JV at 4:30, varsity girls at 5:30, varsity boys at 7:00.