Twin Bridges Schools was recently contacted by Wendy MacNeill, the new local CIEE coordinator, to test our interest in hosting a foreign exchange student or two…please read the following and contact me at the office should you have any questions.
Here are 3 students I really like. If someone is interested in volunteering to host, I can show them more detail about each. Also, families don’t have to have children, they can be single, retired, or single-parents, too.
Contact Info: Wendy MacNeill 406-404-9039 (call or text)
FSL17031 – Girl. Helga is a 16 year old girl from SPAIN. “I am responsible and perseverant, and I consider myself hard-working and sociable person. I am a good student and I always try to achieve the highest marks. I have a lot of goals in life and one of them is to study Chemistry. I play the piano, sometimes the guitar and I love singing. I’m looking forward to showing some typical Spanish songs to you. I practice handball in a team and I play beach volleyball and basketball, which I love. Team sports are my passion. I live with my parents and my little sister. My mum always helps me when I need it, my dad gives me the best advice and my little sister is adorable.” . GPA: 3.90
ALP17007 – Boy. Nhiem Chinh is a 15 year old boy from VIETNAM. “My name is Nhiem, but you can call me Max, I’m a 15 year old boy. I’m studying 9th grade at a private school with Western teaching style that I really like. I am very open and easy to adapt. When people first meet me, they usually tell me that I am a little bit shy at first. But I like people and I am very sociable, so I can be familiar with new friends quickly. I love to participate in extracurricular activities such as basketball, soccer, etc. I am very outgoing and a sport lover.” GPA: 3.50
AIM17024GP – Girl. Lijin is a 17 year old girl from KOREA, SOUTH. “ I want to have different cultural experiences to expand my horizon. The American culture that I have encountered is only through drama and YouTube. When I saw these, I became interested in the American culture. Through this program, I want to see a bigger world. I‘m just a high school student but I want to realize myself that I’m not a big fish in small pond. I like to listen to music, sing, and cover K-POP dances. I want to become an interpreter so I am very much interested in foreign languages and foreign cultures.
Our Host Families:
- Accept a student into their home as a part of their family for one or two semesters
- Provide a bed and room (student can share a room with a host sibling of the same gender within 4 years age difference)
- Share 3 meals a day (if students choose to purchase school lunches it is their responsibility)
- Claim a $50 per month deduction on federal income taxes
- Receive local and regional support 24/7 from well-trained staff and volunteers
Our CIEE Students are:
- Between the ages of 15 and 18 (Grades 10-12)
- Well screened and thoroughly tested for adjustability
- Proficient in English – completed 3+ years of English classes
- Have access to their own spending money
- Have health insurance coverage through CIEE
- Eager to experience the U.S. and meet their new host family
Please let me know if you have any questions. Again, my cell number is (406) 404-9039. Call or Text.
Let’s find a great new Falcon!