Good evening, Twin Bridges Schools would like to invite you to perhaps a once in a lifetime event…the upcoming August 21st total solar eclipse in south central Idaho. The school is currently gauging interest in those who might want to attend the event; if enough interest is present…the bus would leave for Roberts, Idaho at 8:00 a.m. with the partial eclipse starting around 10:30 and total obstruction by 11:33. The bus would return shortly thereafter; we would ask passengers to contribute $5 to cover the cost of the trip including the glasses that would be required to safely view. We would also ask that all children not in school or grades K-6 be accompanied by an adult. Please call the school for more info or to reserve your spot today! Thank you…
Twin Bridges Schools was recently contacted by Wendy MacNeill, the new local CIEE coordinator, to test our interest in hosting a foreign exchange student or two…please read the following and contact me at the office should you have any questions.
Here are 3 students I really like. If someone is interested in volunteering to host, I can show them more detail about each. Also, families don’t have to have children, they can be single, retired, or single-parents, too.
Contact Info: Wendy MacNeill 406-404-9039 (call or text)
FSL17031 – Girl. Helga is a 16 year old girl from SPAIN. “I am responsible and perseverant, and I consider myself hard-working and sociable person. I am a good student and I always try to achieve the highest marks. I have a lot of goals in life and one of them is to study Chemistry. I play the piano, sometimes the guitar and I love singing. I’m looking forward to showing some typical Spanish songs to you. I practice handball in a team and I play beach volleyball and basketball, which I love. Team sports are my passion. I live with my parents and my little sister. My mum always helps me when I need it, my dad gives me the best advice and my little sister is adorable.” . GPA: 3.90
ALP17007 – Boy. Nhiem Chinh is a 15 year old boy from VIETNAM. “My name is Nhiem, but you can call me Max, I’m a 15 year old boy. I’m studying 9th grade at a private school with Western teaching style that I really like. I am very open and easy to adapt. When people first meet me, they usually tell me that I am a little bit shy at first. But I like people and I am very sociable, so I can be familiar with new friends quickly. I love to participate in extracurricular activities such as basketball, soccer, etc. I am very outgoing and a sport lover.” GPA: 3.50
AIM17024GP – Girl. Lijin is a 17 year old girl from KOREA, SOUTH. “ I want to have different cultural experiences to expand my horizon. The American culture that I have encountered is only through drama and YouTube. When I saw these, I became interested in the American culture. Through this program, I want to see a bigger world. I‘m just a high school student but I want to realize myself that I’m not a big fish in small pond. I like to listen to music, sing, and cover K-POP dances. I want to become an interpreter so I am very much interested in foreign languages and foreign cultures.
Our Host Families:
- Accept a student into their home as a part of their family for one or two semesters
- Provide a bed and room (student can share a room with a host sibling of the same gender within 4 years age difference)
- Share 3 meals a day (if students choose to purchase school lunches it is their responsibility)
- Claim a $50 per month deduction on federal income taxes
- Receive local and regional support 24/7 from well-trained staff and volunteers
Our CIEE Students are:
- Between the ages of 15 and 18 (Grades 10-12)
- Well screened and thoroughly tested for adjustability
- Proficient in English – completed 3+ years of English classes
- Have access to their own spending money
- Have health insurance coverage through CIEE
- Eager to experience the U.S. and meet their new host family
Please let me know if you have any questions. Again, my cell number is (406) 404-9039. Call or Text.
Let’s find a great new Falcon!
Summer 2017 is finally underway; here are a few items of importance as we wrap up 2016-17 and prepare for the upcoming year…
- Seniors need to go to the Parchment Website in order to electronically order your transcripts. All seniors should have created an account on January 17th, 2017. Please go to Parchment and order your e-transcripts as soon as possible. If you did not sign up for your account and/or can’t remember how to make the request, Mr. Johnson will be available June 19th at 1:00 p.m. to assist you in those requests. THANK YOU!
- The June/Summer 2017 newsletter will be going out in the next day or so…please keep and eye out for that and contact the school if you have any questions.
- The MPG is closed now till alumni weekend; the main gym is the only gym available at this time.
- Please note that the June Regular Board meeting will now be June 27th at 7:00 p.m. in the MT Room.
Thank you and have a wonderful summer:)!
This will be the final edition of this week in sports. I really appreciate your support and guidance over past few years. I know the relationship wasn’t always perfect, but what in life is?I’ve really enjoyed my time with Twin Bridges Schools. I wish you well in life’s little journey! Be safe!!
**We wish you well Mr. Hughes, thank you for all you have done for the students, staff and school community over the past couple of years!
May 25 – 27 – HS Track, State Finals at Laurel. Students dismissed at 10:30 a.m. and leave shortly thereafter! Please click HERE for the state Class C/A track schedule.
Good Luck!! Go Falcons!!!!
Monday, May 8 – Madison Co. Wide Track Meet in Dillon, 9:30 start. Buses depart at 8:15-8:30
Tuesday, May 9 – HS Softball at Butte Central. Varsity at 4:00, JV at 6:00
Friday & Saturday, May 12 & 13 – District Track at Bozeman. Schedule, please click here!
HS Softball at Butte Central Tournament. Start TBA.
Good luck Track and Field!!!!
**Reminder – Winter/Spring 2017 Athletic/Awards Banquet is NEXT Wednesday, May 17th, 2017 at 6:00 p.m. in the Lunch Room.
Please click here for the May 2017 Madison County JH Track Meet schedule…thank you!
2017 State Music Festival Details
MHSA State Music Festival is in Missoula on the campus of University of Montana. We will be leaving TBHS on Thursday, May 4 at 5:00 pm with the following state qualifying musicians:
- Mike Baughn, guitar solo
- RaeAnne Bendon, Snare solo
- Beth Huttinga, vocal solo
- Clancy Phillips, vocal solo
- Michaela Madden, vocal solo
- Beth Huttinga and Michaela Madden, vocal duet
- Beth Huttinga and Blu Keim, vocal duet
- The vocal ensemble of
- Blu Keim
- Clancy Phillips
- Michaela Madden
- Beth Huttinga
- The chamber ensemble made up of:
- Dante Salerno, Alto Sax
- Kyie Salerno, Trumpet
- CJ Wayland, xylophone
- Erika Corrigan, Bass clarinet
- Kenna Millhouse, Flute
- Load and leave by 5:00 Thursday, May 4, 2017
- Fairbridge Inn, 3803 Brooks Ave, Missoula, MT 59804…406-251-26665
- Perform all day Friday, (with a long lunch break)
- Leave campus by 6:15 pm.
- Return to TBHS between 9:00 and 10:00 Friday May 5, 2017
- Food provided by TBHS
- Spending money encouraged, but not required.
- Concert attire and Falcon Pride mandatory!
- Parents, if you need to find us anytime try the following:
Mrs. Wisler, director: 406-925-3539
Mr. Ballou, van driver: 406-396-5805
Mrs. Holden, Accompanist: 406-498-3898
Here is this weeks sports schedule.
Tuesday, May 2 – HS Track Top 8 in Anaconda. Bus departs at 11:30
HS Softball at Park. Varsity at 3:00, JV at 5:00
Thursday, May 4 – HS Softball vs Stevensville in Dillon. Varsity at 3:00, JV at 5:00.
Friday, May 5 – Falcon Memorial Tournament, both gyms.
Saturday, May 6 – HS Track in Dillon. 10:00 start, Bus departure 8:30.
JH Track in Bozeman. 9:00 start. Bus departs at 6:00.
Falcon Memorial Tournament, both gyms.
HAVE A GREAT WEEK!!!!
Greetings, below you will find information regarding some important documents for the upcoming 2017-18 school year.
**Please refer back to this entry OFTEN for updates and additions as summer progresses…
- Monday, April 24 – JH Track at Dillon, 12:00 start. Bus departure 11:00.
- Tuesday, April 25 – HS Track Top 10 in Missoula. Departure 12:00.
- HS Softball at Corvallis. Varsity at 3:00, JV 5:00 pm
- Friday, April 28 – JH Track at Townsend, 3:30 start. Bus departure 1:30 pm
- HS Softball at Frenchtown, start TBA
- Saturday, April 29 – HS Track hosted by MC in Bozeman, 9:00 start. Bus departure 6:00 am
- HS Softball at Frenchtown, start TBA
|2017 Varsity Softball Schedule|
|March 13||Mon||1st Day of Practice||–||–|
|March 30||Thurs||@ Hamilton||Away||V-2:00/JV-4:00|
|April 3||Mon||vs. Butte High JV–Cancelled||Home||5:00 PM|
|April 7-8||Fri-Sat||@ Belgrade Tournament||Away||TBA|
|April 11||Tues||@ Stevensville||Away||V-3:00/JV-5:00|
|April 18||Tues||vs. Park||Home||V-3:00/JV-5:00|
|April 20||Thurs||vs. Butte Central||Home||V-3:00/JV-5:00|
|April 25||Tues||@ Corvallis||Away||V-3:00/JV-5:00|
|April 28-29||Fri-Sat||@ Frenchtown Tournament||Away||TBA|
|May 2||Tues||@ Park||Away||V-3:00/JV-5:00|
|May 4||Thurs||vs. Stevensville||Home||V-3:00/JV-5:00|
|May 6||Sat||vs. Butte High JV—Rescheduled||Home||V-12:00 PM|
|May 9||Tues||@ Butte Central||Away||V-4:00/JV-6:00|
|May 12-13||Fri-Sat||@ Butte Central Tournament||Away||TBA|
|May 16||Tues||vs. Corvallis||Home||V-4:00/JV-6:00|
|May 20||Sat||vs. Hamilton (Senior Day)||Home||V-12:00/JV-2:00|
|May 25-27||Thurs-Sat||State A Tournament||Sidney||TBA|